Play the game Breakout. Destroy bricks, bounce balls, have fun with this awesome clone of the classic arcade game.
It is written in Java with the libgdx library, so it can be played on the PC, Android as well as online. The java source code of this game is open and can be downloaded as well.
- Breakout Game Description
- Breakout Game Controlls
- ToDos and known issues
- Breakout Screenshots
- Download Breakout Game and Java Source Code
Breakout Game Description
For those of you who do not know this awesome classic arcade game: You have to bounce a ball off a paddle you controll. The goal is to break all the bricks with the ball.
This is a prototype of the breakout game written in java with the libgdx library.
Breakout Game Controlls
- Paddle Left: Mouse Left
- Paddle Right: Mouse Right
- New Ball: Mouse Button
- Paddle Left: Left Key
- Paddle Right: Right Key
- New Ball: Space
- Main Screen: Escape
- Increase Paddle Speed: Up Key
- Decrease Paddle Speed: Down Key
- Level Builder: b
- Double Paddle Width: 0
- Half Paddle Width: 1
- Add Ball: 2
- Dublicate Ball: 3
ToDos and known issues
A short overview over things that should be fixed or added when/if I have the time and energy for it (this is by no means a complete list).
- Add goodies (when blocks are destroyed)
- more levels (you can actually do this yourself with the level builder)
- Source Code documentation could always use some work
- Theme change requires a restart to fully apply (and is generally buggy)
- Settings file resides in home directory
Download Breakout Game and Java Source Code
(only tested in an emulator so far)
(Eclipse projects with Data- and Library-Files deleted)